Friday, December 2, 2011

animal prints, remixed

I love graphic print tops with weird, slightly horrifying animals. My obsession started with Christopher Kane's collaboration with Topshop in 2009, and my favorite emerging designer, Leila Shams, is a whiz when it comes to prints. But how do you make something so bold acceptable as daywear?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Worn over a crisp button down with tailored black pants and a matching jacket, you've got a conservative overall look with a pop of spectacular peeking out from under the formality. Depending on the event, pair with a pair of power heels or avant garde booties, and you're ready for a power lunch - or if you're me, to Food Truck Thursday on 12th & Peachtree.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I fell in love with the Darn Churrasco from the Ibiza Bites truck. If you catch this truck wandering around Atlanta, order this dish! Steak with a cilantro sauce on a bed of rice, corn, mushrooms, and topped with two plantains - this was so delicious I barely had time to wipe my mouth before providing a sound byte to a camera crew. I'm going to be on public television! (I can finally cross that off my bucket list.)

Uniqlo button down shirt, Christopher Kane x Topshop alligator tee, Topshop leather trim pants, Express cropped jacket, Balenciaga FW08 space booties, Celine luggage tote



twitter | tumblr | formspring
Share on Tumblr |

4 comments:

  1. Fanciest food truck customer fo sho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I like how you layered the dress shirt underneath to make it less Kate Lanphear (if you get what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  3. um your SHOES, amazing

    now following you,
    Annina
    www.cinchedatthewaist.com
    check out our leather bomber giveaway:
    http://www.cinchedatthewaist.com/2011/12/december-giveaway-part-deuxfor-boys.html

    ReplyDelete