Monday, January 17, 2011

a pearl in your oyster

"It is after all so easy to shatter a story. To break a chain of thought. To ruin a fragment of a dream being carried around carefully like a piece of porcelain."
- from God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
I'm feeling swamped by all the little things in life. I need to get my schedule together. Everyday there's another thing to add to my million + 1 list. I really hope all this matters in the end. If it doesn't, I'm going to be mad.

Jennifer and I were talking about 2012 and the end of days the other day. There are two things that we deduced:
  1. We hope it's quick and painless. Like a flash of light. None of that "2012" movie mess. No flooding, fires, meteors, none of that.
  2. We really hope that we get like a week's notice heads up. That way we can spend the contents of our savings account before we leave. I'd book a cruise to Antarctica. It's $13,000, but you get to see penguins! And polar bears!

wiwt011811-1
wiwt011811-4
wiwt011811-2
wiwt011811-5

3 comments:

  1. haha i hope 2012 gives us warning too!!! I'd definitely go somewhere cool! I love that scarf. Is it an infinity one? If so I either need to buy one or learn how to knit one. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf. I can't pull off bucket hats but you do it perfectly.

    And isn't it always the little things that stress us out the most? Especially in your mid-twenties when you realize everything is connected to a bill or invoice of some kind??!

    SOCAL CITIZENS
    www.socalcitizens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bunch of my co-workers were talking about 2012 and how they hope that it's real... me, I just take each day as it comes.

    Love the outfit, you really work that hat!

    ~F

    ReplyDelete