Thursday, November 1, 2012

[travel]: hong kong 2012

hongkong12-1

I had a little more than two days to spend in Hong Kong, but with work priorities taking over normal hours, I barely had enough time to sleep, eat, and catch up on lost episodes of "Jjak (짝)." But I was lucky enough to meet up with Sam from Sam Is Home and illustrator extraordinaire Emily Eldridge. Unfortunately, I wasn't at 100% and couldn't stop talking about my new favorite Korean matchmaking show. We went to Wired Cafe for some sweet desserts before I got to see some of Hong Kong's finest residents, roaches.

hongkong12-5
hongkong12-6

I've also started to regularly visit Din Tai Fung on every trip to Hong Kong. Obsessed with their handmade dumplings, but not a giant fan of their enormous wait. Luckily, I didn't have to wait at all this time around, and it was a matter of moments before I had those flour made soup sacks exploding in my mouth. (Har har.)

hongkong12-2
hongkong12-3
hongkong12-4

If all plans go right, I hopefully won't have to wait another year before I get to visit again! Cross all those fingers.



4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! How lucky you are. My job trips have sent me to places like San Francisco. Boo! Haha Hong Kong is definitely on my Things To Do list.

    BTW, there's a well earned award waiting for you on my blog. You can find the post here: http://www.thisistia.com/2012/10/versatile-blogger-and-award-goes-to.html

    X
    http://ThisIsTia.com | My Life In Black+White

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the desserts photo..
    I miss HK! Really want to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super like your last comment on this entry. Gah I still owe you that awesome photo of us- will do that tomorrow!
    Come comeeeeeeeeeeeee. Or perhaps we can meet in Seoul seeing that cathay pacific has this awesome super sale for $1880 all taxes included (that's cheaper than Jeju Air).

    Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. din tai fung -- YUM! they've opened up in sydney too but it's not as good as the ones in HK/SG/Malaysia. HK is one of my fave places to shop, hope you had a lot of fun there!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete