Thursday, August 14, 2008

trying fun on a budget

Because of my recent financial situation, I've been trying to come up with budget friendly ways to keep myself occupied (and not thinking about shopping). Last weekend, I discovered an old 35mm film camera in a dusty bureau. So on Saturday, I took it out for a test run to the Botanical Gardens.

The last time I used a traditional film camera was close to 8 years ago. Please excuse the overexposed/underexposed/out of focus shots. I'm still in the process of figuring it all out, getting used to aperture and focusing.



5 comments:

  1. These are great, no kidding. Especially the 2nd photo, magical blades of long grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grass looks translucent! I have a 35mm film camera that's been sitting around and I bought film and batteries for it at the beginning of the summer, only to find out that it's broken! I think I left it in a muggy drawer for too long. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did quite well. Part of the fun of using film is to get a better of understanding for lighting. I have a film camera that needs repairing, it was given to me by a photgrapher that I worked with. You've inspired me to take it in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love artistic photography! This is good job:)

    Ps. I bought my glasses in H&M on the men section:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about photography, but this is really pretty! Very artsy-fartsy unfocused kind of thing. haha.

    ReplyDelete