Tuesday, November 4, 2008

When I was little, I used to tell people that I wanted to be either a ballerina or the president of the United States when I grew up. As I got older, I discarded both dreams - one because I couldn't dance ballet and the other because I knew that I would never be able to run this country as a double minority. Maybe it hasn't changed today for me, but I know it has for my posterity.

"Rosa sat so Martin could walk. Martin walked so Obama could run. Obama is running so our children can fly." - heard on WNYC.

4 comments:

  1. that quote is beautiful. =) i think obama has shown us that in this day and age the minority can win. whether it be females or your ethnicity. he has proven that everyone has a voice and everyone counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quote :) Hope we can have a minority Prime Minister in England one day. And I always thought I would like to be PM, guess a triple minority candidate is a while away lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe in 100 years we'll have an Asian American Pres. or an AsianCajun president!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! That's one to go down in history for sure! I think we anyone can do whatever they set their mind to and Obama has proven that and paved the way for us all!

    ReplyDelete