Sunday, August 23, 2009

being a celebrity don't mean shit to me

Saturdays are the best. Wake up late, grab a late lunch with girlfriends, and spend the rest of the day lounging around in the sun. In a sudden desire to immerse ourselves in structured urban planning, Lillie and I headed to "West Midtown" to mingle with plaid wearing former frat boys. (Not. Also, I put the area in quotes because it's obviously some made-up name urban planners used to market what used to be prime area for hustling and ho-ing.)

We had sandwiches at Star Provisions along with Mexican wedding cookies before wandering around the various boutiques and design houses. I fell in love with the plastic Eames chairs at Room and Board but balked at the price tag. I suppose it would make more sense to pay $250 for chairs than a pair of shoes, but the rationale doesn't quite work out in my head. Maybe that's proof I'm not yet an adult.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
t-shirt. French Connection. sweat shorts. DIY Uniqlo. jacket. Zara. shoes. Japanese street market.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures, the shoes look fantastic on you out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Im so glad you like my Etsy. I will be adding alot of new items in the next 2 weeks. The feather skirt can be done in different colors. I can give you a list of colors if you want them. Also the feathers are fairly delicate. I send extra feathers with the skirt just in case, over time, the fall off. Thats expected with any handmade item.


    I never heard about the fairy tale dinner party. I need to look that up. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree with your cynicism. The building Room and Board is in? Used to be a warehouse that they rented to hipsters as apartments/garage band living spaces. Before that? A slaughterhouse.

    I can't decide how I feel about these yuppie changes. On one hand, it's totally artificial. On the other, I sure do like fancy furniture stores...

    ReplyDelete