Thursday, September 3, 2009

so let's stand inside an empty room

I already mentioned the below briefly on my Twitter, but my verbosity can't be satisfied in 140 characters or less. I've spent the past few weeks immersed in design websites, trying to figure out how I'm going to be outfitting my new apartment. When I stumbled upon Remi Nicole's video for her single "Standing Tears Apart," I fell in love. The look doesn't really translate for me and my industrial space, but it's too beautiful to not gush.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Prrrrrretty!! I always wonder how I would furnish my own apartment. I would be tempted between dark wooden shelves with leather bound books, candles on every surface, a beat up brown leather sofa, various bits and bobs from travelling...or just a Muji minimalist area lol. Anyhoo, hope you're having a beautiful day :) And I still don't know whether to sign up to Twitter, but some numpty already took dapperkid as a username :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh pretty! when i move to a new place in feb, i wanna go for a minimalist look with lots of quirky random elements... if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great :)

    http://rickyjamesflynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. verbosity? haha
    well i always love reading your post.
    and thanx for your detailed info on the job-hunt! it was very thoughtful of you:]

    now i'm gonna take a look at your last posts since i haven't been blogging for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. furniture is expensive. it's so much easier to drop $100 on clothes, rather than six or seven times that amount on a table or an armoire or something. what colors are you thinking? my friend borrowed the nate berkus book on colors to decide her new house's color story and it said something about choosing four colors and staying in the family of those four colors. i inadvertently followed that advice without even knowing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must say that her apartment looks amazing! very nicely done! I can barely wait until i move in december and already looking forward so decorate the whole apartment. Im going for all white, Patric Bateman style, and with the les mirables painting in the bathroom

    ReplyDelete