Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A new tradition has begun: Musical Mondays. This Monday was hosted by the lovely E.Wiz & Nova, and the selection was "Newsies." I've only seen it performed by a ensemble cast of drama kids who took themselves way too seriously at my high school, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover elements I'd never noticed. For instance, the insane levels of masculine eroticism in the opening sequence. We've got shirtless boy-men, a very provocative sexual position most popularly referred as a certain number, bathing and other general bathroom raucous/shenanigans.

I got a lot of flack for thinking that Christian Bale was pretty hot in that role (really insane accent and rather horrible singing and all), so I would like to take this opportunity to point out that he was 18 when he made this film. So I'm not a pedo. Also, it's slightly impossible as I was 7 when the movie was made, which means that Christian Bale is the real pedo. If he liked me. Which he didn't.

P.S. Those are E.Wiz's chinchillas. They are super soft and totally worthy of coat making. But she will kill you if you try.

musical monday food
fatty chatty
brendan eating
queso dip
white chinchilla
grey chinchilla
LP collection

No comments:

Post a Comment