Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Neighborhood: Hongdae #5 - Vinyl

I don't usually make new year's resolutions because it feels like you're setting yourself up to fail. I told myself that I wasn't making a resolution but a life goal - why kid yourself when you know the truth? I've been sober since January, but that was all shot to hell when I found out that my girl Felicia is in town. I can't tell you how much I love girls who are DTDA (down to do anything). What began as a hunt for chicken brought us to make a list of all the places we wanted to try around the Hongdae area, and Vinyl was one of them.

Drinks in plastic bags are usually associated with boxed wine (mistake) and homeless men (bigger mistake), but Vinyl is just so damn cute. I'm so glad I didn't go to Hongdae University. My butt would've been sipping a bag of this in every class. It's like Jungle Juice/Hunch Punch with a straw.

Large groups not recommended, but you can always take your drink to go.

Price: 4,000 - 7,000

vinyl-1
The menu.

vinyl-2
vinyl-3
vinyl-4
Dumb hippie decor, in the style that permeates the Hongdae area. I'm slightly angry by how much effort is actually placed into making places look like this.

vinyl-6

How to get there: Sangsu Station (상수역) exit #1. The cafe, At Corner, should be on your left. Walk for 2-3 blocks, and Vinyl will be on your left.

2 comments:

  1. I really like these informative posts about places off the beaten track in Seoul. I'm deffo taking mental notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinks in plastic bags? Those look kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete