Friday, September 2, 2011

restaurant review: no. 246, decatur

Yesterday, I met up with Jinah for lunch at Decatur's new urban, casual Italian joint, No. 246. I have a secret obsession with restaurants that use numbers for names, and I got more excited about 246 when I saw that they used my favorite colors to decorate: black, white, and shades of grey.

Photobucket

I convinced J. to order drinks with me, after feeling frazzled by an incident involving a homeless man while I was parking my car. (As I was digging for change, this guy came up to my car and started BANGING on my car window asking for money. WTF. That's not going to make me sympathetic to your plight.) I had the bellini while she ordered the Pimm's cup, which was amazingly refreshing. It's going to be my new go-to drink while we ride out the end of ATL's crazy hot summer.

Photobucket

While Jinah ordered a massive sandwich, I had the tagliatelle pasta. It was in a simple oil based sauce with mussels. A bit on the salty side, but enjoyable nonetheless. We also shared an order of toast with ricotta, eggplant, and meatball toppings (as seen in the shot glasses). All in all, a great lunch but not one for the everyday as our bill came to $46 including tip. Midday balling is fun until the alcohol wears off.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket






twitter | tumblr | formspring
Share on Tumblr |

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it delicious, Alicia! I'm so glad we got to see you and Jinah for just a second ;)
    Cath has been to 246 roughly 5 times already – she highly recommends the garlic fries.
    Sorry about the homeless guy incident! Right before I got to 246 I bought a homeless guy some food, so I hope it wasn't the same dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything always looks so good in your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I'm toeing the 4am mark, and this post just made me a hungry hippo! =)

    I'm loving the greyscale decor too! Appeals to my minimalist side, and I like when restaurants aren't fussy and distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to your blog, and I'm loving it! That sandwich looks delicisiou1

    Anna x
    http://aprettypoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks AMAZING! If you're ever in Nashville, you should try our lovely #308 bar!

    xx
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these food pictures! Looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heart your blog! I sooo need to go to 246, everyone's been raving about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I'm not a sandwich person but that sandwich plus the pasta look amazing. I do always have drinks with my meals and then go "wtf" when i get the bill especially during brunch, because the drinks always wear off before 4 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get what you mean by getting suckered into restaurants with names after numbers. We have one called 798 here but I always get the numbers mixed up. It just gives the whole venue a cooler vibe like the title/branding comes second to the food. Um yeah.

    What camera do you use? I like how it captures light. I really want a 5D mark II but they cost an arm and a leg.

    -Sam
    http://www.samishome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah...
    Totally LOVE YO BLOG. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos look INCREDIBLE. That sandwich! I may or may not have drooled in my cube. Don't tell.

    ReplyDelete