A few tidbits I've learned in the past few weeks:
1. There are a LOT of rats in NYC. I was sitting outside the Shake Shack at night and saw no less than five mice scurrying around the bushes. I suppose that area is prime picking for fallen fries and pieces of burger. Maybe even a lick of that strawberry shake. Note to self: don't live near the Flatiron district, no matter how appealing it may seem. Those rats gotta go somewhere when it's cold, and I refuse to let their refuge be my house.
2. Dating sucks. I don't know if this needs any more explanation, but I'll expound a bit. What makes the process of dating (aside from forcing yourself to seem less insane than you really are) exhausting are the games. You're never sure of the rules, and they seem to vary by person.
3. Alexander Wang's T line is a godsend. I'm currently lounging around in a wrap skirt and pocket tee. That's right. I'm lounging in a SKIRT. That's how awesome this fabric is. Super soft and perfectly molded to your body - I'm a little upset that the only man who knows my body so well is gay... which brings me to my next point:
4. The world is unfair. You will get a giant pimple in the middle of your forehead before an important meeting that may break or make your career. Your car will break down, your heel will break off, and you will oversleep and walk in with wet, soggy hair and eyeshadow on your cheeks instead of blush. Just accept that you will never win. The universe always has the upper hand.
5. Facebook will only make you feel horrible. It's a constant reminder of how unglamorous/unfulfilled/unfocused you are. On the other hand, there is an offhand chance that you will see your high school hottie 70 pounds overweight and balding, which will make you feel a little bit better.
6. Don't underestimate the power of a perfume. A friend introduced me to Le Labo, and I made a pit stop where I picked up Ambrette 9 after one whiff. It's the perfect combination of floral and citrus notes, and I love the lingering effects after it mixes with my skin's natural oils. (I sound like a salesman.) It's a great way to say I love you... to yourself.