Monday, March 9, 2009

swinging my fringe boots

When Forever 21 came out with their knock off version of Alexander Wang's fringe boots (you know, the ones Alessandra Ambrosia wore in that editorial for March's US Elle and also the very ones the hottest bitches wore to NYFW), the cheap ass in me had to order a pair because I wasn't about to drop $600 on a pair of shoes I would probably wear for one season.



I debuted these suckas over the weekend for trash-face margarita night at El Azteca on Saturday where some black lip-stick lesbians cooed over my shoes and then house-browsing on Sunday. They're amazingly comfortable, but they're also unbelievably cheap. The actual heel tends to move if you step too hard, and the fake leather reeks - literally. But for $35, I'd say that they're not a bad buy. Also, I should say that they're exactly like the original Wang's, down to the thong part that goes in-between your big and second toe. (I didn't think it had this because I couldn't see it in the picture.)

12 comments:

  1. A Hello Kitty tattoo? As in HELLO KITTY? Dear God. The most vile tattoo I ever saw was like... this girl had a THONG tattooed on her lower back, you know when you can like, see someones underwear above the top of their trousers? Like that. It was horrendouuus! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post an outfit with them! I think that's one of the things with awang, everything in his line is extremely trendy, there's hardly any timeless peices really worth splurging on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them!!! So worth the money or even more. And the news doesn't seem to have anything on the miner's strike, only the shootings over in Northern Ireland of the army dudes and pizza men. I do love the Life photos though, I secretly wish I could go to a mine and find some old denim. And I really want to find a denim or canvas tank suit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you did not give A Wang more money!
    They do look exactly the same its so scary....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA, these knockoffs are amazing. f21 always does great shoe knockoffs, even though sometimes they make me want to cry when they knock off the designer shoes that I already own. ha.

    xxx,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. isnt forever 21 amazing.. they can seriously knock off anything and in a really timely manner..

    i gave in last night... and bought some heels & plain tees

    I hate the fact that im always looking for cheap finds on their website.. but hey free shipping to hawaii for $75.. i cant go wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm contemplating whether i actualy really want these because i like them or because they're just a nice knockoff of something much more costly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone has been lusting after those A. Wang knockoffs. F21 wins again! Great shoes! Show us an outfit with those bad boys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you look awesome in these - next time I want an outfit pic! I know, sorry, I'm demanding ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. the model in my header is lindsay ellingson and she's totally gorgeous in like a retro glamour way. (totally know what you mean about sophia loren though). anyhow, love your boots! fringe is the best. xx
    www.ibitefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, ewwww to fake leather smell. I ordered these faux leather oxfords online and that shit smells so bad. I feel self conscious wearing them because it's so strong!

    ReplyDelete