Monday, April 27, 2009

i wanna get with ya and take ya picture

I was in Chicago last weekend to visit my favorite Canadian/New York transplant, SUNNY. I arrived on a humid Friday night, and we immediately grabbed dinner and super strong martinis at Bijan's Bistro before heading to Wicker Park. We ultimately ended up at some club where the Korean DJ was spinning old school '90s music, making me strangely nostalgic for those days when we would do the butterfly to Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It." (God we thought we were so cool.)

We ate well, stuffing our faces at The Publican and avec gleefully. If you've noticed that all the restaurants we've been to tend to have a pleasing design aesthetic, it's because Sunny's a graphic designer and probably notices that stuff while I just happily string along for the Medjool dates. It wasn't complete without some shopping - we stopped by Ikram (and no, Mrs. Obama was not there - if only we'd walked in a year earlier), Jake, and Barneys. I received the most flattering compliments on my outfit at B.'s, which shocked me as I literally just threw clothes into a suitcase before flying out the door on Friday.

Unfortunately, I made the elementary mistake of drinking half a bottle of rose before flying, which meant that I was, indeed, the asshole drooling all over my seat mate in a comatose stupor. Don't drink and fly, kids.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
tank. Obesity & Speed for UO. sweater. Uniqlo. jacket. Warehouse. sequined skirt. F21. scarf. A.Wang. boots. Jeffrey Campbell. sunglasses. Matthew Williamson x Linda Farrow.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh! i wanna hav chilling day like u!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh haha sounds like SO much fun ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "strangely nostalgic?" if you weren't nostalgic about those days, i would be worried. 90s music was awesome, only to be trumped by that of 80s dance/club (see Debbie Deb, Sheila E., and Pebbles).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha to the drinking + flying. I'm going on a nonstop trip from Hawaii to New Jersey next month and am thinking of loading up on Tylenol PMs to make it go by faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I wish I could throw stuff in my suitcase and look like you! I'm going to recommend the rose to my friend who takes valium on long plane rides.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoyed your stay here despite the weather lol. I love that jacket you're wearing in the last picture. I notice from your last post that you did not eat CHICAGO deep-dish! Pizza is our specialty, yo! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhhh I LOVE IT!!!!
    yOU LOOK SO SKINNy but i totes love the outfit ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. chicago is such a charming city, isn't it? it may be because i grew up there, but there's something in the air that makes it different from other metropolitan cities...

    ReplyDelete