Saturday, February 14, 2009

like a rhinestone cowboy going to a rodeo

Living in the capital of the south, seeing people (i.e. Mexicans) walking down Buford Highway wearing Route 66 jeans, plaid shirt, bolo tie, cowboy boots and hat is not uncommon. I've been a little obsessed with the whole cowboy theme for about four years now, but never really had the guts to get anything because there's just something that looks fucked up about an Asian girl rocking out like she's the eastern answer to Dolly Parton.

But I got over my fears upon my first trip to Plaza Fiesta (Laredo Western Wear, to be precise) where I saw the most awesome saddle ever. I kinda wish I lived near a ranch so I can pretend to rope wild buffalo (i.e. hay) while wearing turquoise lizard skin cowboy boots.

Unfortunately, I'm not that awesome.





dress. Kimchi & Blue. boots. e-bay.

6 comments:

  1. That dress is absolutely beautiful!! And I am so wishing I had cowboy boots, methinks wearing them on London streets would be bound to turn a few heads lol. And how have I not heard of Advanced Style before, its friggin awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about getting a pair of cowboy boots and after seeing you wear them, well, I think I really need them now! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried out the cowboy boots before. haha. It didn't suit me. =/ They look nice on you though. And I super love your dress. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress! I wish I could pull off cowboy boots! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful outfit! I love the mix of the feminine maxi dress with your boots.

    I totally have to make another trip to Plaza Fiesta. I haven't been there in a couple of years, but I always enjoy it. It's a happening place - it's always packed on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOUR LOOK. COWBOY BOOTS ARE FOR EVERYONE YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND THE PAIR THAT SUITS YOU!! I HAVE A MYSPACE THAT SELLS VINTAGE COWBOY BOOTS, THEY ARE AWESOME!!! WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SASSYCOWGIRLJEWELRY
    CHECK THEM OUT!!

    ReplyDelete